MOD THE SIM 4: What Mood Again? - String Edits


Spa Day now has a version 2 with some fixes, see the change log below and get the new file

Background
I have memory problems and sometimes what causes what mood is confusing af to me. Lavender bath = focused. Lavender massage? No, just happy. And why either does anything but major stress/tension-relief, I don't know. Most people probably have no issue remembering which things cause which moods, but I keep having to look it up over and over again (which I'm tried of doing).

What are Strings?
I mean a string in the computer sense, not the crafting/knitting sense. In computers, a string it just some characters (which in computers are letters, commas, numbers, etc.). Pretty much anywhere there's words and such in the sims 4 it's a string.

What Does This Mod Do?
This mod takes the Spa Day strings and adds what mood they cause right there. For example, "Ask for Lotus Blossom Aromatherapy Massage" now says "Ask for Lotus Blossom Aromatherapy Massage [Confident]", and "Citrus Soak" now says "Citrus Soak [Focused]". Like so:



Large Images : Click


For any mood I'm not sure about, I put a question mark. For example, [Happy?/Focused?] means I'm not sure if it gives happy and I'm not sure if it gives focused. Just [Happy/Focused?] would mean I'm sure about the happy, but not the focused. There's about 2 of those I want to say.

The massages that give happiness are now labeled as such (I found a way faster way to edit the strings thanks to DeadperPool). If it's an unlabeled massage then I missed it.

Speaking of things I may have missed:
Right now this mod only includes things from Spa Day. For example I know tea gives moods, but it's a base game thing so I'm not worrying about it (at least not yet?).
If you find something that gives a mood and should be but isn't labeled, please let know. I need to know how to get to it in the game (so I can verify for myself), so please include what object and what command needs labeling.
Also if I got anything just completely wrong, please let me know what it says now and what it should say.


But Will It Conflict?
This mod does not change anything about what the various massages / soaking baths / incense / whatever do, only the words on the part that you click on in the game. Therefore it won't conflict with other mods that change what massage tables / incense burners / etc. do, because this mod only changes these String Table entries, not any actual objects in the game (no xml editing was involved, no script files either). Other mods that also change different String Table entries (for example, Drink Blood, Not Plasma!) won't conflict with this mod either. Only mods that also try to change the same strings will conflict (I'm not sure if such mods exist though).

Installing
Back up saves, drop package file in mods folder, launch sims4, ???, profit. Nothing out of the usual.

Updating
Delete the old file, then add the new one. File names may have changed, please don't assume it'll just overwrite.

Plans
At some point I may expand this mod to include other parts of the game that I own (I've started to do a few things for the base game, but that is going to take some serious time, so many strings to track down!). I'm pretty sure I can't do this for packs I don't own or languages other than US English. If anyone wants to do this for other packs or languages, you're more than welcome to. If you want me to do so, I'll link to your mod or upload it as part of this one. If you need to know how to do this kind of thing, the How to translate an existing mod (STBL editing) tutorial is where I learned some of the steps.

Additional Credits:
Makers of s4pe and other modding tools, you guys rock.
Letisiya for inspiration / proof this was possible with their lovely Drink Blood, Not Plasma! mod.

Change Log 
Spa Day - ver2
Just a few minor things I found and fixed:
-Added happy massages to say [Happy]
-Fixed Give a Lotus Blossom Aromatherapy Massage [Confident] showing up where it shouldn't (like the sob story moodlet).
-AntiStress (incense) changed to say Happy/AntiTense to be more clear what it does.
-Creative (incense) changed to Inspired.... because "creative" isn't a sims 4 mood.
-Changed the package file name slightly, make sure you delete the old file when adding this one.

Requires:
Sims 4 + 1 SPs
Built with Game Version: 1.33.38.10

Previous
Next Post »